Intent – why?
- Develop sport/event specific skills and understanding
- Develop transferable physical skills and tactical awareness
- Work as an induvial and as part of a team.
- Try to beat their personal best.
- Provide links with community sports organisations so pupils can extend their knowledge and understanding of skills/tactics/health
"This year 5 teams came to compete in the Lipson Indoor Athletics event. It was certainly a busy one but great to see so many pupils representing their school at an event!
Each school allocated pupils to take part in 4 different track events, and 4 field events. Results from this were then added up with a winner overall.
There were some really close races on the track, with some splitting 1st and 2nd by less than a second! Each pupils tried their best and was determined to get a personal best to gain as many points for their team as possible.
A huge well done to everyone and a big thank you to the sports leaders at Lispon CC for all their support.
The winner will advance to the Indoor Athletics Finals on the 7th February.
Well done, please find the full results attached."